The Wanaka Primary School Parent Forum is a group of parents, teachers and school staff that represent the interests of our wider school community.
The key objectives of the Parent Forum are to:
- provide fun, social and/or educational opportunities for our school students, families and the wider community to come together on a regular basis,
- assist in raising funds to provide improved facilities, resources and opportunities for members of the school community.
Your 2016/2017 Wanaka Primary School Parent Forum Committee:
- Nicolle Masters (Chairperson)
- Lucy Jewell (Treasurer)
- Kirstin Kane (Secretary)
- Lynne Millar
- Tracey Scott
- Shona Brown
- Pip Miller
- Michelle Fenton
- Steph Cranston
- Moira Hughes (WPS Staff Rep)
- Kath Nicholson (WPSFT Liaison)
- Wendy Bamford (WPS Principal)
If you want to know what is going on at our school or would like to meet other families and friends interested in boosting school pride and providing special extras for our children in their learning and play then come along to our twice a term meetings (advertised in the school newsletter) and find out how you can help.
No "sign up" is required - if you are a parent, caregiver or someone with a genuine interest in the welfare and education of the children at Wanaka Primary School then you are welcome to come along and see how you can become involved.
Can't make the meetings? No problem. Just get in touch with details of how you would like to be involved as every little bit of help goes a long way...remember, many hands make light work!
You can contact the Parent Forum either through the school office or by email at:
2016 Summary of what the Parent Forum are busy organising:
- Student Artwork Calendars, Notebooks and Diaries
- Wanaka Trail Ride
- School Discos, Movie Nights and Quiz Nights
- Morning Tea Meet Ups for current and new parents
- Sausage Sizzles
- Family Picnic
- + new ideas are always welcome
In 2016 the Parent Forum will be contributing funds and resources towards:
- School playground development
- School marquee, sports uniforms, sandpit toys plus other items
- Graduating Class leaving gifts
Our calendar of 2016 fundraising and social activities are regularly updated in the school newsletters and on the school calendar.