Wanaka Primary School PTA
The Wanaka Primary School PTA is the forum for school parents and caregivers to support our students, engage the wider school community, and encourage a strong partnership between our homes and our school.
It is also an excellent medium for parents or caregivers to meet others, particularly those who are new in the school or the area, and who have an interest in the activities of their children inside and outside of school.
The key objectives of the PTA are:
- Fundraising - to assist in raising funds to provide resources, facilities and opportunities. Some examples of fundraisers the school is involved in are the School Gala, the Wanaka Trail Ride and the sale of student's art calendars.
- Socialising - to organise social activities and act in a hosting role to foster the school's sense of community. Events include quiz night, Mother's Day movie night, Father's Day breakfast, Grandparent's morning tea and children's movie night to name a few.
- Communicating - encouraging and supporting communication between families, teachers, school leadership, staff and the Board of Trustees. Having a presence at: curriculum information evenings, sports days, welcome morning teas for new entrants and new families to the school, welcome BBQ at the beginning of the school year.
The PTA is comprised of parents, a teaching staff member, Board of Trustees and Wanaka Primary School Futures Trust representatives, and Wendy Bamford our Principal also attends meetings. This gives the PTA an insight into the workings of the school and decision making.
Everyone who is a parent or caregiver of a child at Wanaka Primary School is warmly invited to attend meetings and become involved in the PTA, either in a large or small capacity. Meeting dates are displayed below and are held in the School Staffroom at 7.30pm.
- Term 1
Wednesday 1st February
Wednesday 15th March - AGM
Wednesday 5th April
- Term 2
Wednesday 3rd May
Wednesday 7th June
- Term 3
Wednesday 2nd August
Wednesday 6th September
- Term 4
Wednesday 1st November
Wednesday 6th December
Parents or caregivers who are unable to attend the regular PTA meetings may wish to become a 'Friend of the PTA'. Friends of the PTA are a vital part of the PTA and provide the manpower behind the scenes without having to commit to attending meetings.
To become involved on the committee or to be a 'Friend of the PTA' please fill in the attached form via this link.
The PTA's Executives are:
- Hayley Barbour (Chairperson)
- Kirstin Kane (Secretary)
- Lucy Jewell (Treasurer)
- Megan McConnell (WPS Staff Representative)
- Kath Nicholson (WPSFT Liaison)
- Jude Battson (Board of Trustees Representative)
- Wendy Bamford (WPS Principal)
You can contact the PTA either through the school office or by email at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or like us on facebook for regular updates.
2017 Calendar of Events
- Term 1
8th February - Welcome BBQ
7th April - Hot Cross Bun Morning Tea
23rd April - Wanaka Trail Ride
- Term 2
12th May - Mother's Day Movie Night
16th June - Quiz Night
30th June - Disco
- Term 3
1st September - Father's Day Breakfast
- Term 4
27th October - Children's Movie Night
8th December - Christmas Carols
Our calendar of 2017 fundraising and social activities is regularly updated in the school newsletters and on the school calendar.