Wānaka Primary School
Wānaka Primary School implements New Pedagogies for Deep Learning, (NPDL) philosophies and strategies which are based around the 6 global competencies.
The 6 global competencies are:
- Character: grit, tenacity, perseverance and resilience
- Citizenship: thinking like global citizens, with genuine interest, empathy and compassion
- Collaboration: interpersonal and team-related skills
- Communication: being able to communicate effectively with a purpose
- Creativity: having an ‘entrepreneurial eye’ and being able to express oneself in unique ways
- Critical Thinking: evaluating information and seeing patterns in the real world
These six global competencies describe the skills and attributes needed for learners to flourish as citizens of the world.
Deep Learning is student-centered authentic learning, engaging students in real life high interest topics. NPDL is quality learning that sticks with you for life.